This is an all new amp model, with its roots in the circuit of its big brother The Orangutan.
This little guy has two cathode biased 6V6 power tubes and three 12AX7 preamp tubes. Controls are VOLUME, TREBLE, BASS, REVERB, and MASTER. It also has a foot switchable BOOST (which bypasses the bass control, similar to the LIFT on The Orangutan). At around 15W this is the perfect amp for the small stage, studio, or bedroom.
Currently in use on stage and in the studio with our artists Butch Walker, Justin Sharbono, and Jason Morrow.
- 15 Watts Output with Master Volume
- Two 6V6 Output Tubes (Cathode Bias)
- Three 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Foot switchable BOOST
- Celestion G12M-65 Creamback Speaker (Made in the UK)
- Black Tolex with Gold Piping (available in other colors as well)
- Gold Plexi Panels
- Master Volume
- Dimensions: 18.75"W x 16"H x 8.25"D (same size as the Sock Monkey 18/12 and Organ Grinder)
- Weight: 30 lbs
- Upcharge for custom color Tolex (see colors) or Suede is $50-$225. Contact us for a quote.
Collectible Guitar Magazine reviews the Orangutan Jr.
Guitar Player Magazine reviews the Orangutan Jr.
The Orangutan Junior Quickstart Guide